A 17-year-old girl identified as Sanskriti Rai went missing on last Thursday and was found murdered in Madiaon on next morning. She was from Ballia district and daughter of an advocate, was living in Indiranagar while pursuing her second year from the Polytechnic in Ghazipur police station area of Uttar Pradesh, India.

Worth considering, in her first year of Polytechnic, she was in the hostel, but in the second year she did not get the hostel, she started renting in Rajendra Arora’s house in Indiranagar sector-19. On 5th June Sanskriti went to her house in Bhavnagar. She had practical on June 7, so she had reached Lucknow on 6th June. After the examinations ended, Sanskriti was about to go home on June 21.

Ranjeet Singh, a resident of Madiaon, went to walk on Friday morning and saw the girl lying in blood. He immediately informed the police. A police team took her to KGMU Trauma Centre where Sanskriti was declared brought dead. Police sent the body for autopsy and registered a case.

Aliganj CO Deepak Kumar Singh said, “During the probe, we found that Sanskriti had planned to go to Ballia on Thursday with her roommate and had asked her to meet her at the railway station. She left her house around 8 AM but did not reach the railway station.”

Sanskriti’s roommate called their common friend who informed the family about her going missing. Her parents immediately reached Lucknow. After failing to find Sanskriti they lodged a case of missing. It further surfaced that the mobile phone of the victim was switched off at around 8 AM on Thursday.

CO Deepak Kumar Singh added, “The examination of the spot suggests that assailants brought the girl in a four-wheeler, dragged her for over 25 metres and left her lying injured. The girl had the grievous injury on the forehead, apparently caused by a blunt and heavy object. Besides, multiple injuries and bruises were found on her hands and face.”

He said a police team was sent to search the room where Sanskriti Rai lived in order to find some clues about the assailants.